PROCEDURES FOR JANUARY 2018 ELECTION OF CLUB OFFICERS
1. Proxies will not be used in this election.
2. Voting will be by mail, as well as ballots put in the Ballot Boxes located at the Main Range and the Activity Center. Ballots and copies of Candidate Biographies may be obtained from the Main Range or Activity Center, or downloaded from the Rio Salado Sportsman’s Club website. Ballots and Candidate Biographies will be sent in the Ricochet to those who do not have E-Mail. There will be NO nominations from the floor on Election Day, January 13, 2018. Write-in candidates will be accepted on the ballots. Only ballots of members with a valid membership as of the election will be counted.
3. All members must mail their votes to the Club by January 3rd. A locked Ballot Box will be placed only at the Main Range and the Activity Center by November 1, 2017. The Range Manager will be responsible for the Ballot Boxes, but will not have a key to the locks. The Range Manager will brief the Range staff on election procedures and accepting ballots.
4. A Ballot Box will also be available at the range for members to deposit their ballots no later than 2 P.M. of Election Day.
5. Members who join or renew at the range on or before Saturday, January 13, 2018, will be given a ballot. They can complete the ballot and deposit it in the Ballot Box no later than 2:00 p.m. on Election Day.
6. The Junior Division Director will be responsible for counting the votes. The Membership Chairman will provide a list of members to the Junior Division Director to verify ballots. The Junior Division Director will announce the results at the annual meeting.
7. The Range Manager will retain custody of the ballots in case of a recount. At such a time as determined by the Board of Directors the ballots may be destroyed.